With a long history of providing cardiac care to Wyandotte and Leavenworth counties, and a commitment to enhance the level of cardiac care provided, Providence opened the Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU) and Cardiac Vascular Care Unit (CVC) after a recent renovation and has been pleased with the patient outcomes. CVICU is for patients who have undergone cardiac surgery.
Other cardiac services include the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, Cardiac Center: Diagnostic Caths, Cardiac Interventions, Peripheral-diagnostic and interventional and Cardiac Rhythm Implants, Non-Invasive Cardiology Area: EKG, Echo, Holter Monitors and 30-Day Event Monitor, Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation, Congestive Heart Failure Inpatient and Outpatient Education, Outpatient Smoking Cessation Classes, Pacemaker Clinic and an Anticoagulation Center.
Providence has received numerous recognitions for its heart program recently including:
- Named to the prestigious U.S. News & World Report List of Best Hospitals: Heart and Heart Surgery in the state of Kansas. The hospital ranked second among all hospitals in the state with a score of 15.7, and first among community hospitals.
- Accredited by the Accreditation Review Committee of the Society of Chest Pain Centers for Cycle II accreditation with primary coronary intervention.
- Received the Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care® from Blue Cross and Blue Shield.
- Received UnitedHealth Premium® Specialty Center three-star designations for quality and cost efficiency in the areas of interventional cardiology, cardiac surgery and electrophysiology.
- Accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL).
- Accredited by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR) for the hospital’s Cardiac and Pulmonary programs.