Whether you need surgery to treat cancer, clear a blocked artery, fix a structural problem or remove a diseased gallbladder, Providence Medical Center provides a full range of inpatient and outpatient surgical services.
Our experienced surgeons performed more than 3,400 procedures last year. We are pioneering minimally invasive techniques that allow our patients to recover quicker with less pain and scarring. The latest lasers, laparoscopes and catheters (tubes) allow our doctors to operate through small ports or go in through veins and arteries to correct problems.
For further information, contact us at 913-596-4100
From our board-certified surgeons, anesthesiologists ,and specially trained operating-room nurses, we are all motivated by one goal: your return to good health. Learn more about our Anesthesiology Services.
Procedures We Perform
We offer an extensive range of specialties including:
- Orthopedic including total knee and hip replacements, advanced shoulder procedures, and sports medicine.
- Neurosurgery to treat problems of the brain, spine, and nervous system with stereotactic guidance available.
- Cardiothoracic surgery including open heart surgery with endoscopic vein harvesting and a variety of lung procedures.
- Vascular surgery including a dedicated suite for minimally invasive endoscopic vascular procedures
- Interventional radiology allows doctors to treat many conditions, such as uterine fibroids, liver tumors, and blood vessel blockages, by using catheters instead of open incisions
- General surgery such as laparoscopic colon resections, hernia repair, appendectomies, gall bladders — can all be done laparoscopically.
- Ophthalmology surgery, such as cataract removal
- Breast surgery such as lumpectomies and mastectomies
- Gynecological surgery including laser surgery and uterine fibroid embolization, laparoscopic hysterectomy, and, urinary stress incontinence surgery.
- Genito-urinary surgery including laser removal of kidney stones, laser-guided transurethral prostate surgery, and photovaporization for enlarged prostates.
- Gastrointestinal surgery including a minimally invasive treatment for gastric reflux (called a Nissan fundoplication)
- Plastic surgery such as face lifts, nose surgery, and breast augmentation
- ENT (Ears, Nose, and Throat)
For more information about Surgical Services at Providence, call 913-596-4100.