Providence Medical Center has been named one of America’s 250 Best Hospitals™, placing it in the top 5 percent of hospitals in the country and an overall leader in clinical excellence, according to Healthgrades. This is the 5th consecutive year Providence is among America’s Best.
Healthgrades is committed to delivering the most scientifically accurate and comprehensive information about doctors and hospitals – with data insights not available anywhere else. To assess overall hospital performance, Healthgrades reviewed outcomes across more than 31 of the most common procedures and conditions. Recipients of this award have consistently delivered better than expected outcomes for their patients.
America’s 250 Best Hospital award recipients are making an impact. Receiving this award during the COVID-19 pandemic shows the commitment of the Providence staff, who have worked tirelessly for their patients and continue to do so. From 2018-2020, patients treated in hospitals achieving this Healthgrades recognition on average had a 27.8 percent lower risk of dying than if they were treated in hospitals that did not receive this award, as measured across 17 rated conditions and procedures where mortality is the outcome. In fact, if all hospitals as a group performed similarly to Providence and other 2022 Healthgrades America’s 250 Best Hospitals, 160,256 lives could potentially have been saved from 2018-2020.*
“It is a great achievement to be awarded as one of Healthgrades’ America’s 250 Best Hospitals,” said Brad Bowman, MD, Chief Medical Officer and Head of Data Science at Healthgrades. “Now more than ever, patients are learning the importance of taking control of their health and using resources like Healthgrades to find the perfect hospital and caregiver match. We commend Providence Medical Center for providing superior service and committing themselves to keeping their communities safe.”
Karen Orr, RN, MSN, MBA, CEO of Providence Medical Center, praises the staff and physicians. “Our staff continue to amaze me with their dedication and compassion,” she said. “This recognition is well deserved and very appreciated as our staff continue to work tirelessly for our patients during the COVID-19 pandemic.”
With tools like hospital ratings and awards, Healthgrades helps consumers make confident healthcare decisions by enabling the evaluation and comparison of hospital performance to find the highest quality care. Visit Healthgrades.com/quality/americas-best-hospitalsfor an in-depth look at Providence’s performance and profile to explore the highest quality care in Kansas City today. Consumers can also visit Healthgrades.com for more information on how Healthgrades measures hospital quality, and access the complete methodology here.
Providence has also received numerous other recognitions from Healthgrades, including:
- Among America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery and Spine Surgery
- Among the top 10% in the nation for Orthopedic Services for five years in a row
Among the top 10% in the nation for overall GI Services for six years in a row
- Among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety for five years in a row
- Five-Star recognition for Spinal Fusion Surgery for 16 years in a row
- Five-Star recognition for Hip Fracture Treatment for 6 years in a row
- Five-Star recognition for Treatment of Pneumonia for 6 years in a row
- Five-Star recognition for Pacemaker Procedures for 5 years in a row
- Five-Star recognition for Treatment of GI Bleed for 5 years in a row
- Five-Star recognition for Treatment of Pancreatitis for 6 years in a row
- Five-Star recognition for Gastrointestinal Surgeries for 4 years in a row
- Five-Star recognition for Gallbladder Removal Surgery for 7 years in a row
- Five-Star recognition for Treatment of Sepsis for 7 years in a row
- Five-Star recognition for Diabetic Emergencies
- Five-Star recognition for Carotid Procedures for 5 years in a row
*Statistics are based on Healthgrades analysis of MedPAR data for years 2018 through 2020 and represent 3-year estimates for Medicare patients only.