Providence Medical Center, a member of Prime Healthcare, announced that it is nationally recognized in multiple service lines, receiving 18 awards with eight Five-Star ratings, according to new research released by Healthgrades, the leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals.
Prime Healthcare is one of the nation’s leading health systems with 45 hospitals and more than 300 outpatient locations in 14 states. Prime’s hospitals received more than 250 accolades from Healthgrades for the 2023 award season.
“We commend Providence Medical Center for their ongoing commitment to providing high-quality care to patients,” says Brad Bowman, MD, Chief Medical Officer and Head of Data Science at Healthgrades. “Consumers can feel confident that nationally recognized hospitals by Healthgrades have demonstrated their ability to deliver consistently exceptional outcomes.”
The service lines recognized at Providence Medical Center reflect outstanding clinical outcomes in seven service areas, including Cardiac, Orthopedics, Gastrointestinal, Critical Care, Surgical Care, and Patient Safety. In addition, The Leapfrog Group honored Providence Medical Center with an “A” rating for patient safety, representing the hospital’s performance in keeping patients safe from preventable harm and medical errors.
In addition to several repeated awards the hospital has earned year after year from Healthgrades, Providence Medical Center also earned five new awards this year in its cardiac and gastrointestinal service lines.
“I am so proud of the hard work, dedication and excellent care provided by our staff and physicians,” says CEO Karen Orr, RN, MSN, MBA. “These awards are a recognition that what we do and how we do it, every day, truly matters.”
Healthgrades evaluated patient mortality and complication rates for 31 of the most common conditions and procedures at nearly 4,500 hospitals across the country to identify the top-performing hospitals for specialty care.
Below is a complete list of clinical achievements at Providence Medical Center:
- Recipient of the Healthgrades 2023 Coronary Intervention Excellence Award ™
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2023
- Five-Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2023
- Five-Star Recipient for Pacemaker Procedures for 6 Years in a Row (2018-2023)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award ™ for 6 Years in a Row (2018-2023)
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Overall Orthopedic Services for 6 Years in a Row (2018-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 7 Years in a Row (2017-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Spinal Fusion Surgery for 17 Years in a Row (2007-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Pneumonia for 7 Years in a Row 2017-2023)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades 2023 Gastrointestinal Surgery Excellence Award ™
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Gastrointestinal Surgery in 2023
- Five-Star Recipient for Gallbladder Removal Surgery for 8 Years in a Row (2016-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis for 8 Years in a Row (2016-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Diabetic Emergencies for 2 Years in a Row (2022-2023)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Surgical Care Excellence Award ™ for 2 Years in a Row (2022-2023)
- Named Among the Top 10% of Hospitals in the Nation for Surgical Care for 2 Years in a Row (2022-2023)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award ™ for 6 Years in a Row (2017-2022)
- Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Patient Safety for 6 Years in a Row (2017-2022)
Consumers can visit Healthgrades.com to learn more about how Healthgrades measures hospital quality and access a patient-friendly overview of the complete methodology here.
*Statistics are based on Healthgrades analysis of MedPAR data for years 2019 through 2021 and represent three-year estimates for Medicare patients only. For appendectomy and bariatric surgery, Healthgrades used inpatient data from 16 states that provide all-payer data for years 2019 through 2021. Click here to view the complete 2023 Specialty Excellence Awards and Ratings Methodology.