The following processes are required to become a volunteer at Providence Medical Center and/or Saint John Hospital. Please review this information and complete the necessary steps.
- Complete the online application. Once your application is received, you will receive a phone call to arrange for an interview.
- During the interview, you will be introduced to the Volunteer program. Becoming a member of the organization and are willing to give a six-month commitment, you will be required to:
- Complete and sign a release form allowing PMC and/or SJH to perform a background check.
- Complete a drug/alcohol screen which is provided by the Hospital’s Occupational Health Department (only for Shuttle Drivers).
- Complete a TB test which is also provided by the Hospital’s Occupational Health Department.
- Complete Flu Vaccination during flu season.
- Provide an immunization record at the time of the TB test (optional). Hepatitis B immunization is required for the ER Angel position.
- Once the background check and the TB test are complete, the final step is to attend the Human Resource’s orientation program. Orientations are held on specific dates that correspond with our new hires. These dates will be reviewed with you during the interview, however they are generally held on the third Tuesday of the month, with the volunteer portion from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. The orientation reviews details regarding the hospital and the Volunteer department, along with a short tour of the hospital.
- Upon completion of these steps, you will be placed within your designated department to begin your volunteer assignment.
Thank you for your interest in Providence Medical Center and/or Saint John Hospital’s Volunteer Services Department. We look forward to receiving your application soon. If you have any questions, please feel free to call 913-596-4198 or email email@example.com.